Monday, June 22, 2009

My kind of wedding!

I love a good wedding and suffer through the rest. The Hall family weddings are always fun. They manage to take the wedding seriously without taking themselves or life too seriously. Since I haven't cleared this with anyone in the family, I won't name any more names. Those who know will know, and everyone else can fill in names as they please. If you need names, then I suggest (in order) Edwina, Fred and Poquan. Just because.

When the bride (traditional white satin) started down the aisle, the groom (jeans, jacket, boots & hat) went wild, like he was going to run down the aisle and tackle her. The best man held the struggling groom off the ground to keep him up front.

A couple of times during the service, the bride got so excited she just shimmied all over.

During the vows the best man was looking straight at the bride over the groom's shoulder with a big, goofy smile on his face. The bride barely made it through the vows without cracking up.

When they (the bride and groom) kissed at the end, it was so passionate I thought her dress was going to catch fire.

As the bride and groom started down the aisle after the service, the DJ started playing the traditional wedding recessional. After a few seconds of this the sound system made a noise like a dying turntable and switched to disco music (K C and the Sunshine Band).

After the dinner and dancing, the bride threw the bouquet. Her two sisters both got hold of it and fought over it until it ripped in half.

When the groom got ready to take off the bride's garter, they blindfolded him. She got up from the chair; the best man sat down with his pants pulled up to his knees and his boots off. The bride sat next to him to cover his legs with her dress. When the groom got old of the best man's *very* hairy legs, his expression was priceless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great wedding. The Halls sound like extremely fun people. I am glad you had a good time!

John VanPelt

The Disaster Princess said...

Oooh I wish I could have been there!! It sounds like a blast. I hope you videotaped the groom's face when he got the best man's knee, or at least got a picture for me? Oh, and did you tell him my message? :P

Rachael Wilkins said...

I'm lovin' it! What a blast! A sense of humor is a very healthy part of a successful marriage, and it sounds like they are off to a good start. Thanks for sharing!