Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Gabby Douglas, You Rock

Gabby, you rock. You're awesome. Whether you get gold or not.

However you want to do your hair is perfect. Whatever you choose to wear is great (and you have totally rocked those outfits). Anyone who thinks the Olympics is about the color of an outfit is loco.

Ignore the people who criticize such things. Their words say a lot about them... and nothing about you.

I have heard a lot of people, both with my own ears and via social media, talk about you. Everyone loves you, respects you, is awed by your accomplishments, and thinks you are doing a great job both as yourself, and representing the USA.

As far as I'm concerned, you could wear a Chinese outfit, You'd still rock, and I'd still be both grateful and proud you are representing me.

Thanks to you, and to everyone competing on behalf of the USA.

4 comments:

rose said...

SRSLY!

I totally agree with you, Miles! I'm about to go all Chris Crocker on everyone and freakout over with a tearful "LEAVE GABBY ALONE!"

Anonymous said...

Well said, Miles. I do have to say the Chinese outfit would throw me for a loop, but you are right, Gabby is a pure American champion!

John VanPelt
(not really anonymous, just don't want the crazy hassle!)

roadkills-r-us said...

Rose's response on Facebook was so cool I have to repost it here:
-------
LEAVE GABBY ALONE!!

She rocks, she's awesome, she won gold and she did so wearing pink. She also happens to be black.

Now that we've gotten a lesson on color out of the way - can we just get back to talking about how seriously rad she is?!?!?!

aWickedRose said...

Gabby Douglas is an amazing athlete and young woman. What makes me even more annoyed about all of the talk about her hair is that from what I saw of the talk it was generated by OTHER WOMEN. As a woman, this cuts me to the core. She made history and rather than support her people wanted to bring her down by picking on her hair. Making history, bringing home OLYMPIC GOLD wasn't good enough. Heaven forbid we just let this child have her moment. Things like this are a major factor to why we're still behind. We are sabotaging ourselves when we pick apart a CHILD over her HAIR.