Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Side Effects of Watching Winter Soldier in 3D Late at Night

The latest Captain America is, of course, intense. Watching it late at night in 3D intensifies that. How much? Consider the following truths:

  1. The only other guy watching the showing I attended sat down directly behind me, two rows back. I spent parts of the movie waiting for his garrote or knife attack.
  2. I felt the need to run full tilt through the exit doors to knock down whoever was waiting on the other side with drawn weapons.
  3. I needed to scan the parking lot on the way to my car.
  4. I might have flinched as I opened the car door, waiting for an explosion or attack.
  5. I wanted to tear out of the parking lot to not be an easy target like Fury's car.
  6. I really wanted an EMP to take out my house's outside lights so I could sneak in.
  7. I wanted to creep through my darkened house, stealthily closing blinds while staying out of view through the windows.
  8. I want as little light inside the house as possible.

I will say that some subset of these happened. I have (so far) not been taken by-- or even engaged-- anyone: SHIELD, Hydra, Wilco Sheriffs, or my neighbors.

It's going to be a long night.

No comments: