Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wanna know how I got these scars?

Wanna know how I got these scars?

My father...
was a pop radio fan.
And a Star Trek fannn...
Sometimes...
he would play the same songs...
over, and over and over...
For hours.
Captain Kirk singing the Beatles.
Captain Kirk singing Bob Dylan.
Mr. Spock singing, "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town."
Captain Kirk singing, "Rocket Mannnn..."
And about the 300th time I heard Kirk scream, "Hey, Mister Tambourine Man!" in 48 hours...
I just couldn't take it any more...
And I took these knives...
And I made myself scream so loud the neighbors couldn't hear Captain Kirk...
The neighbors lived three counties away...
They thank me to this day...


Inspired by Lisa Mikitarian, though she may not want that known.

1 comment:

dandelionfleur said...

No--I don't mind having inspired this at all. It's warped enough, engaging enough for me not to mind at all.