Friday, February 15, 2013

Weather or Not to Live in Texas

Wednesday by lunch it was still around 55F. So how do people dress around Austin?
  • Transplanted northerners were running around in short sleeves (some in shorts), sweating and muttering about heat waves in winter.
  • Transplanted Californians and Floridians were in coats and hats, shivering and attempting to talk through chattering teeth.
  • The real Texans dressed exactly how they felt like dressing regardless of the weather (from shorts and halter ops to furry boots and parkas) and just went about their business, enjoying life.
I was in shorts, but I'm usually in shorts. I've given up trying to explain to people from elsewhere. I have a couple of pat answers that don't make their heads explode. Kinda sad I have to do that.

Texas is best suited to the strong, and those willing to become strong. Everyone else is going to be unhappy... or worse.

No comments: