Thursday, October 30, 2014

Going Hyperbolistic!

There is a war on the English language!

Just one attack herein lies:

"The setup is almost as identical as last week, maybe a touch farther south."

From this is a weatherperson at reliable source of a news. It driving me as crazy.

(I'm tired of poor writing from professionals, but I'm really fed up with everything being a "war on" something-- Christmas, women, etc. It's ok to disagree; it doesn't mean there's a war on! As a protest, don't be surprised to my see calling things every a war.)

I am declaring war on hyperbolic wars. Not on hyperbaric wars. At least not intentionally. Unless they are also hyperbolic wars.

3 comments:

Chelsea Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea Elise said...

But the wars on drugs and terror have been like so totally effective and really important and stuff. (Writing poorly is hard! I solute you for being able to force yourself to abuse our beautiful language so thoroughly to make your point!)

roadkills-r-us said...

I'm a method actor; I apply that when I write. I simply become whoever is speaking or writing, and it gets much easier.